As a mom of 4 I know life can get a bit crazy. Dare I say there are even moments when you may produce a few grey hairs just from the stress. So when I told Misty I would like to do a post for her. I thought I would share a few of my tips on how I de-stress.
Ways To Find A Sense Of Calm:
1. First and for most PRAY. I know you are thinking my kids are running around and in all different directions but I am telling you to stop what you are doing and pray!!! Why yes I do My kids have learned if mommy has her head bowed and eyes closed she needs a minute. Driving down the road………..No problem!! Start praying out loud . My kids have surprised me a few times with chiming in an amen at the end of my prayers.
2. Quote Scripture. In my prayer journal I have written down a few of my favorite verses that just speak to me. If I can’t remember the verses word for word then I pull out that journal. Who as ever heard of being stressed while reading scripture!!!
3. Turn some music on or just start singing. Music can make or break your mood so choose wisely. Some nice calming music should do the trick.
4. If you are able to then call a mommy time out. Now this one may not always be possible. But if it is then go to a room for at least a few minutes read or do something that brings you joy.
5. If all else fails join them!!! As moms we know we may have a schedule or a plan for the day. But those my friends are made to be broken. I can not tell you how many times I have found surprising peace just by jumping in on my children’s craziness. So let that hair down and show them how it is really done.
Now repeat after me I am to blessed to be stressed. If you have any ways you like to de-stress then by all means share with the rest of us
Bridget is a blogger over at Becoming A Godly Wife. There she shares her journey has a help met, mother and child of God.
Now it’s time to share your wisdom! But first, Meet Your Hosts!